• Hillcrest Awards Scholarships to Local Students 06/27/2010
Six high school graduates from Berkshire County have received scholarships from Hillcrest Educational Centers in Pittsfield.
Since 2004, these scholarships have been awarded to graduating seniors who have achieved outstanding academic success in high school and are planning a career in mental health, human services, special education, health care or other fields related to Hillcrest's mission of service.
Hillcrest President Gerard Burke said, "We are proud to acknowledge the success and potential of such outstanding students, all of whom are preparing for the next step in their educational careers." Burke added, "We are dedicated to the hard-working students in our area, and take great pride in investing in their future and look forward to helping many more students in the years to come."
Scholarships are made available at the local high schools in the communities where Hillcrest has programs including Great Barrington, Lenox and Pittsfield.
The scholarship committee is pleased to announce the names of the recipients and their high schools:
· Elizabeth Jarvis from Lenox High School
· Gregg Mancari from St. Joseph's High School
· Sidney Hamilton from Taconic High School
· Alexandria Beligni from Monument Mountain High School
· Cassandra Deluce from Pittsfield High School
· Maya Richards from Pittsfield High School