The Annual Campaign is the cornerstone of the fundraising program at Hillcrest that relies on a growing tradition of philanthropy and investment in Hillcrest. Unrestricted gifts from our families, individual and corporate supporters, staff and board members help provide the margin of excellence to ensure our kids and Hillcrest thrive.
Past Annual Campaign support has funded new health and wellness programs for our kids, recreation and playground equipment, vocational training resources and even a special trip to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC.
Gifts of Stock
If you are ready to make a gift of stock, please follow these simple steps so that we may make certain your gift is efficiently and accurately handled and can begin making a difference at Hillcrest as you are intending.
- Call Hillcrest at (413) 499-7924, extension 133 to inform us of your intention to make a transfer, the stock being donated and the number of shares donated to Hillcrest. As stock donations transferred directly to our broker arrive in our account with no donor information, please be certain to contact us before making a stock donation electronically
- Provide your broker with the following information regarding Hillcrest Educational Centers account at Renaissance Investment Group.
- It is the policy of Hillcrest Educational Centers to sell all gifts of stock unless otherwise directed by the donor.
DTC Code: 5198
Institutional ID Number 27756
For Agent Bank: 27756
FBO (for benefit of) Hillcrest Educational Centers, Account # 16H-44614
Tax ID number 042 848 510
Again, before initiating a transfer, of if you or your broker has any questions, please contact:
Director of Development
Hillcrest Educational Centers
788 South St.
Pittsfield, MA 01201
(413) 499-7924, extension 133
A special way to make a gift to Hillcrest is to include us in your will. Each individual or family legacy contributes to Hillcrest’s fiscal strength and helps ensure we will be here for the kids who need us and that they will have the needed resources to find success.
We would be grateful if you contact us if you have or intend to include Hillcrest in your will so that we may celebrate this special act and discuss any questions you may have. Though we are happy to discuss different gift planning choices, all arrangements should be made through your attorney or another professional advisor.
Sample Bequest Language
Types of Bequests
Some of the most common types of bequests include…
Hillcrest receives a specified dollar amount or specified assets such as securities, real estate or tangible property.
Hillcrest is given all or a percentage of the remainder of your estate after specific amounts to other beneficiaries are distributed and estate related expenses are paid.
Provide for Hillcrest upon the occurrence of some event such as primary beneficiary not surviving the donor.
A bequest is deductible for federal estate tax purposes, and there is no limit on the amount of estate tax charitable deduction your estate can take. Bequests are generally not subject to state inheritance or estate taxes.
Restricted or Unrestricted Bequests
* Unrestricted Bequests are used for the greatest need of Hillcrest at the time they are received as determined by Hillcrest’s Board of Directors. Such bequests are extremely valuable as they allow Hillcrest to flexibly and imaginatively meet the future needs of our community.
* Restricted Bequests provide support for a program or area of Hillcrest that you specify that may be meaningful to you. Because each restricted bequest is unique, Hillcrest encourages donors considering this type of gift to speak with a member of our development staff.
If your company has a matching gifts program, you can increase the size of your gift though a corporate match to Hillcrest. Consider inviting others to join you in supporting Hillcrest and ask your employer to encourage employee-led fundraising events by matching those proceeds.
Though not a United Way funded agency, your employees can designate Hillcrest to receive their United Way pledge by writing in their designation directly to “Hillcrest Educational Centers".
Combined Federal Campaign
Federal employees, including those serving in the armed forces can support Hillcrest through the Combined Federal Campaign. The designation number for Hillcrest Educational Centers is 62401
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Employee Charitable Campaign (COMECC)
The COMECC program allows Massachusetts state employee to give to Hillcrest or another charity of their choice. The designation number for Hillcrest Educational Centers is 700102